Commute to Dublin with Wexford Bus & Save up to 51%
Employers can purchase monthly, quarterly or annual Tax Saver Tickets for employees commuting to work between Dublin and Wexford or within Wexford. Employers purchase Wexford Bus Tax Saver Tickets on your behalf, the cost of the ticket is then deducted from your gross salary so you don’t pay any tax, PRSI, universal social charge or benefit in kind on this amount.
The savings to you will be up to 51% on the price of the ticket. This tax saving scheme is run in conjunction with the Revenue Commissioners to encourage employees to use public transport. Employees aren’t the only ones to benefit from this scheme, as employers make PRSI savings of up to 10.75% of the total ticket cost.
Why Commute with Wexford Bus?
- You can make massive savings in comparison to driving – according to AA, the estimated cost of fuel only for driving between Gorey and Dublin is €102.90 per week based on fuel costs of 125 cent per litre. In comparison, an annual Tax Saver Ticket will cost only €29.62 net per week. (the assumption is that this return journey is made 5 days per week.)
- A seat reservation system has been introduced for Tax Saver Tickets so you can ensure you always get a seat!
- We offer the shortest journey time on the route;
- Our Annual Tax Saver Ticket is the best value on this route (correct February 2017);
- We offer free wi-fi so you can get a head start on your day while on the way to work;
- We issue tax saver tickets at any stage throughout the year.
Real Dublin City Ticket Cost Using Tax Saver Scheme
|Monthly Ticket||Quarterly Ticket||Annual Ticket||Net Annual Ticket Cost
*Net Annual Ticket Cost is the cost of your ticket after your tax savings. This is calculated using a 40% tax rate, 4% PRSI and 5% Universal Social Charge. Savings are dependent on income and the applicable tax and PRSI rates. You are advised to check your potential tax savings with the appropriate person in your organisation.
How to Apply for a Tax Saver Ticket
Employers or employees can email email@example.com for an application form. This will need to be completed by the employer and returned to Wexford Bus. Employers should allow 10 working days for the ticket to be processed and returned.
Tax Saver Ticket Terms and Conditions
- The Tax Saver scheme is only applicable to monthly, quarterly and annual tickets.
- Monthly tickets are valid for one calendar month starting on the first of the month.
- Quarterly tickets can be purchased at any time of the year and are valid for any 3 consecutive calendar months starting on the first day of the first of the 3 months.
- Annual tickets can be purchased at any time of the year and are valid for any 12 consecutive calendar months starting on the first day of the first of the 12 months.
- Employers should allow 10 working days for the ticket to be processed and returned.
- Full payment must be received before tickets are issued.
- To enjoy the tax benefits of the Tax Saver tickets, tickets must be purchased by employers on behalf of employees. The cost of the ticket is then deducted from employees gross salary so no tax, PRSI or govt levy is paid on this amount.
- Tickets are valid for travel between Dublin City and the designated point detailed on the ticket, they are not valid for travel to the airport.
- Tickets prices are based on the route being travelled.
- Tickets are not transferable and valid Photo ID such as Drivers Licence, Passport or company ID card with photo must be presented in conjunction with the ticket.
- Wexford Bus reserves the right to change the price of any type of ticket on any given route, at any given time.
- The timetable is subject to change. Wexford Bus reserves the right to change bus times, bus routes and the number of services operating. All changes will be announced on the website.
- All times are dependent on traffic, road and weather conditions at time of travel.
- Wexford Bus is not liable for passengers that arrive later than expected.
- Wexford Bus and its servants accept no responsibility for any loss or damage caused to goods or property of passengers using this service. Any passenger leaving or carrying property in a vehicle does so entirely at their own risk.
Wexford Bus Tax Saver Ticket Refund Policy:
- Refunds will only apply to Annual and Quarterly Tax Saver Tickets.
- A valid reason as to why the ticket is being cancelled must be provided.
- A 10% administration charge will be applied to the amount due for refund. For example if 6 months remain on ticket, we will refund 6 months minus 10%.
- When cancelling a Tax Saver Ticket, at least 10 days notice must be given before the start of a new calendar month. The ticket will then expire at the end of the month in which it is cancelled. For example if Wexford Bus is notified that a ticket is being cancelled in the middle of April then the refund will apply from 01 May onwards minus 10%.
- If the ticket is not cancelled at least 10 days before the last day of the month there will be a further full month deducted.
- The applicable refund minus 10% will only be paid to the person that made the payment for the ticket usually the ticket holders employer. It is the responsibility of the employee to gain a refund from their employer for monies outstanding to them.